Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


While home in Colorado for the Holidays, I spent a lot of time with the two child'ins that are my adopted little brothers. I was planning on making all sorts of treats for them, and I did, though not as many as originally planned. These kids were quite the hyper bunch, so too many sweets set them on edge. Luckily I got to make them savory food for Christmas Dinner, though the eldest did turn his nose up at some of it (he wasn't a fan of sweet potatoes). Nor was he a fan of pumpkin, quite like my mom, and so these cookies were also sneered at. The youngest, however, loved them, and I though they were quite good, if somewhat soft and squishy. When I made these cookies, I didn't compensate for the altitude-- I had forgotten-- but it really turned out not to matter much. I made them with a batch of my chocolate chip cookies so as to keep everyone happy. Needless to say, regular cookies went faster. Hah.


The cookie itself was soft, tender, squishy, but flavorful. It had a heavy kick of spice which I enjoyed. I kept eating it over my holiday as a breakfast cookie (as if it were that. It isn't. While pumpkin may have health benefits having it in a sugary treat is no doubt a failsafe way to pack on the waistline). I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies-- when I used to work at Fresh Market in Savannah, GA, we would get them every halloween until Christmas. I would be sooo excited. Honestly, they were just oranger spicier versions of our regular chocolate chip cookies-- perhaps slightly, just slightly softer (but our regular cookie was somewhat stiff, in my opinion). So to make my own (finally) was quite the thrill.


This is my dad eating a regular cookie. I just thought it was awesome.


Anywho, big hit, yatta yatta. I realized I make a lot of cookies on this blog-- I used to make more. I am making some pumpkin bread soon, that will be slightly different. Hurrah!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Inspired from Deelish Dish

1 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and lightened in color. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Mix the flour mixture and stir until smooth (I often switch to a wooden spoon for this part). Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop mounds of the dough onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies at least 2 1/2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the top feels firm and a toothpick inserted comes out dry, about fifteen minutes. Let them cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack or plate to cool completely

Comments

Abslolutely fantastic! I really love a nice and gooey cookie, so this was pretty much perfect. Thank you.
These look so yummy and such a fun idea! I have never tried a pumpkin chocolte chip cookies before.