Stephanie's Chocolate Chip Cookies, V 3.0



About a month ago I made Jeff chocolate chip cookies. Upon making them we realized... these were no longer my favourite cookies. The texture was too bready.... and they were really tasty, but... just not what we wanted.

That post is here.

For the first South Park Wednesday of the season (check out last week's episode, hillarious), I decided to try my hand at another batch, to change it and make it more of what, I hoped, we wanted. I like my cookies soft... with a bit of crunch, but fluffy and a bit doughy. Jeff like's his with a bit of crispness, so I have to combine the two, which is a difficult task, let me tell you.

These cookies do a good job of it. They're sweet, though next time I might put a bit more sugar in them (I like irritatingly sweet cookies). The dough at first seemed very soft, and still breadlike, which was disappointing. However, allowed to sit a few moments and they crisped up. I believe these still need some work, but man, they are still crisp and yet soft, they are both. I think they need a bit more roughness to their texture, a bit more "melt" if you will.

But they went over well, there's only a few left which Jeff and I are slowly snacking on. They had a good texture, they look really pretty-- toasty brown on the edges. I think next time fresher chocolate would be good, we used the leftover chocolate bars from the leftover fire pit s'mores. So next time: more chocolate. But in the end I'm pretty happy with these. I'm gonna keep messing with the recipe but this ain't bad, it's a start.

Stephanie's Chocolate Chip Cookies V 3.0

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg

Oven at 350 Degrees.

Cream together the sugars and butter. Mix in the egg yolks and vanilla. In a medium bowl combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix into the batter. Fold in the chocolate chips and form into balls on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes.

Comments