Avocado Tuna Salad


I'm back again. This is becoming a trend. It's late and I'm watching Mad Men so I don't really want to make a big fuss about this post. Just like with dinner. I didn't want to make a big fuss with it. I wanted something healthy (ish), something light. So I reheated my rice from last night and made this light avocado tuna salad. The tomatoes were a random inspiration (was it random? I'm not sure) and I'm glad I had them.

This recipe made plenty of salad. Two large servings for me. I put one in an avocado shell and wrapped it tightly with saran wrap and have it backed with one and a half tomatoes and some more rice for lunch tomorrow. Since I'm leaving to Colorado, I also put my yogurt, a banana, and some almonds in there.


Tomorrow morning is my plan to make avocado waffles. So.... hopefully that'll finally be a nice post.

Though I'm too tired to be very snarky tonight.



Avocado Tuna Salad

1/2 Avocado
1 can tuna packed in water
1/4 a lemon juiced
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped roasted red pepper (the kind packed in water, I get TJ's)
1 medium/hard boiled egg
1/4-1/2 teaspoon Fox Point Seasoning
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
pepper to taste

Mash Avocado and lemon juice together. Combined rest of ingredients and mix well. Serve in shell of avocado, chilled, with a drizzle of olive oil with Braised Tomatoes and Rice.

Braised Tomatoes

2 small tomatoes, halved
Extra virgin olive oil
2 sprigs of rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Set oven to low or high broil (I used a combo of both). Slice tomatoes in half, hamburger style. In an oven safe dish, place tomato halves, seed side up. Drizzle with olive oil, break the rosemary sprigs in half and place on top of each, season with salt and pepper. Broil until warm and starting to brown a bit.

Comments