Chorizo Omelet

I winged this one morning when I had leftover chorizo from making kale stews. I gotta say, I love making eggy dishes on weekend mornings. During the weekdays Brian and I eat a lot of cereal-- usually until we run out of cereal, then we'll realize we've run out of cereal/milk/something and I make us egg sandwiches with a fried egg and some cheese. Those are nomnom (that's what we did this morning). But every now and then I make something tasty like this omelet. And filling too!!
I think this is very good hangover food btw. I may or may not have had a hangover when I ate this. It's hard to say so far back....
I've never been very good at making omelets. I would always get lazy and not fold them right and they'd sort of just turn into a scramble. This one wasn't folded quite right... you can see an inch of the interior. Which makes for a good picture, so I can't complain.

This omelet was soooooooooooo tasty. It reminds me of a chili omelet. I love chili cheese omelets. Or chili cheese anything really. Shh, it's a secret my agency isn't allowed to know! (winky face).

Enjoy!

Chorizo Omelet

3 eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon water
1/4 of a pack of chorizo
1/4 of a red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 of an onion, chopped
5 or 6 thin slices of pepperjack cheese
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
a dash of cayenne
ground black pepper
a dash of salt
a dash of hot sauce

In a large skillet, saute the chorizo, bell pepper, and onion with the cayenne, black pepper, and salt until cooked over medium-high heat. This should only take a few minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, water, hot sauce, a dash of salt and pepper. In a small greased or non-stick pan, pour the egg mixture in and cook slowly over low to low-mediumish heat. When the eggs are cooked relatively thoroughly, place the chorizo and jack cheese as well as a sprinkle of cheddar on top. Fold and let the cheese melt and cook a few more minutes. Top with shredded cheddar.

Could be real good served with avocado. I didn't have any! Or sour cream. Or both. Nomnom.

Comments

phoenix said…
Oh god it looks so good. Seriously, every day I open my regular reading and I see the picture of that chorizo omelet and I get hungry as all getout. It's crazy. :D

I'm AWFUL about folding towelettes too - I'm so impatient when cooking eggs that I don't let them solidify enough to actually scoop one side up and fold it over. But I might have to try again, just for something like this.

I mean DAMN that looks good.