Adventures in Eggland: Egg Salad


Honestly, when I made this egg salad, I wanted to make something fancier than I did. I wanted to include all sorts of fresh herbs and watercress on fancy bread-- but that didn't end up happening. I made it at my house, and at my house I don't have anything fancy. Just dried herbs. All of my fresh herbs are at Brian's. However, I did use my homemade mayonnaise in it, and it tasted so darned good!


This egg is so pretty freshly boiled. Though I suck at peeling it. But yeah, simple egg salad sandwich, hearty lunch. Don't know what else to say about it...

And that's partially because something happened to me.

I found a stray kitten outside. She's so cute, and so sweet-- she came right up to me and started rubbing against my legs. I've taken her in (temporarily), but I can't keep her in my apartment-- if she has worms, Tseng will get sick. So she and I are at Brian's right now. I'm trying to find a home for her, but haven't had a lot of bites. I'm not quite sure what to do with her-- I could take her to the vet, and I was thinking about taking her to get spade and just... take care of her, in general. Until I can give her a home. But I can't really take great care of her-- though I am tempted to. Truthfully, I'm tempted to keep her, but it makes much more sense to give er a home. She's frisky, and I am starting to think she doesn't have worms. But how do I know? I can't really afford to take her to the vet (I fear that'd be super expensive), so I'm not sure what to do. I don't really want to give her up to the pound, but I may have to.

So yeah, that's what's happening in my life!
Hurray!

My fresh mayonnaise is on these eggs.

This is a lame post, I know, I'm sorry. I admit, I'm a little distracted. :D But I did want to share I made something tasty.


1 hard boiled (eggland) egg
1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon mustard
salt and pepper
a dash of cayenne pepper
basil
parmesan cheese
1 slice of toast

Combine the first six ingredients. Spread on a piece of toast and top with parmesan cheese.

Comments