Bacon and Chicken Dumplings


When Jeff came back, I decided to make him a super Americany meal. We both went to school in the South, and I'd been eyeing this recipe for Bacon Chicken and Dumplings for awhile. So... well, I made it.

It would've been easier with bisquick, but I didn't, sigh.
But it was really rich, and tasty. The bacon adds a lot of flavour. The recipe originally called for corn, and I didn't have any so I skipped it. But I did add parsley, and I used sage in the dumplings before I dropped them in. I didn't have poultry seasoning so I added my own of garlic powder (as well as chopped garlic and onion), thyme, and "italian seasoning".

Those are canned green beans on the side, boiled with onions... They were good.

Bacon Chicken and Dumplings
Adapted from AllRecipes


Comments