Meatloaf Woah Woah!


For Jeff's birthday I gave him a book of "food coupons". These consisted of Shepard's Pie, meatloaf, cookies, cobbler, just... anything I knew he likes. Lamb Risotto! His first coupon that he used was meatloaf. I hadn't made meatloaf for awhile, and I really like making it... well, basically a loaf of meat. I use four types of meat-- though I used to use three. And I like that, I like my loaf of meat.

This time I did the Alton Brown method too and shaped it in a loaf then baked it not in the loaf pan. I didn't elevate it, which kind of sucked because there was a lot of grease in the bottom of the pan. But oh well!

I made mashed potatoes with this! I mixed a little of cream cheese and sauteed garlic and onion. They were served alongside the yumminess. With a dollop of ketchup, and a good show-- it turned out to be a really nice eat at home meal.

The only complaint I do have, and I'm not sure which meat it was from, is I kept finding strings of cartilage like substance. That hasn't happened to me before, and it was very curious to me.

Meatloaf

1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb ground buffalo
1/4 lb ground turkey
1/4 lb ground lamb
1 egg
1/8 cup dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon diced green onion
1/2 onion, diced
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup

Oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit

Combine all the ingredients besides the brown sugar and ketchup in a mixing bowl. Knead thoroughly, and when combined place in a loaf pan and shape. Remove from the loaf pan (a silicone one helps nicely here), and cook on a cookie sheet, elevated if possible, for about an hour.
Meanwhile, mix together the brown sugar and ketchup. In the last 15 minutes of roasting, top with the sauce mix and allow to finish off.
Serve hot with mashed potatoes!

Comments

phoenix said…
You know, I had only a very remote idea of how to really make meatloaf. Definitely keeping this recipe. :)
Scuttles said…
That is the yummiest meatloaf I have ever seen. So on it.