Jeff's Funfetti Cake


Jeff's favorite cake is Funfetti. Of course, when I say this, I mean the Pillsbury version. For the first Birthday of his we had together I made him a non Pillsbury version with a slightly oily frosting that I wasn't 100% sold on. The cake was nice and fluffy though. I've had problems with the same recipe of the cake since then... it always seems to lay a little thicker in other climates. I'm still playing with it, and it's super tasty-- just... thick.

But this is basically my go to recipe for white cakes now. It's soft and tasty, and once I've figured out the little problems it'll be even better. For now, this is what you get... the super tasty funfetti cake.

See the cute stegosaurus I made? I piped it on after mixing the white frosting with orange food coloring. I also added the little blue sprinkles to be the spikes. I also put those same blue sprinkles in the cake and it turned it blue (see below). but Jeff and I kinda liked that. As you can see this is a pretty dense cake, but ohhh is it tasty!!

Happy Birthday a month ago Jeff! :D


Funfetti Cake

2 ½ cups cake flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups super fine sugar
½ cup butter
1 ½ cups buttermilk
¼ cup cream
colored sprinkles

Oven at 350 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Stir in the vanilla. Mix together the buttermilk and cream, then pour into the sugar mixture, alternating with the dries.
Stir after each addition until just combined. Beat egg whites separately, until soft peaks form, then fold into the batter. Fold in the sprinkles. Bake 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly before frosting.

Funfetti Frosting

1 cup unsalted softened butter
10-20 oz powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 tablespoons cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
colored sprinkles

Beat the butter until creamy, mix in the vanilla extract and salt, then add the sugar in batches until thick. Beat in the cream until smooth, then fold in the colored sprinkles.

Comments

LindaLuxe said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
LindaLuxe said…
I made a funfetti cake recipe in which i included a package of pudding