Snickerdoodles

I've been so busy this last month. I've managed to make something pretty much every Wednesday, but this whole month was South Park, workworkwork, and my birthday. I made these Snickerdoodles, one of Jeff's favourite cookies, for one of the South Park Wednesdays.

My Snickerdoodle recipe is very sugary and spicy. They manage to stay the same texture for quite a few days, being crisp, but having a slight softness to them. I love cinnamon, so they're extra cinnamony, for my pleasure. I also like their frecked appearance.

I love making snickerdoodles for Jeff though because he loves them, and everyone else gets super excited about them too.

But phew, so many updates to do, this is the only one I can manage right now. I'll try to post more soon!



Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ¾ cups flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon

3 tablespoons white sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon

Oven at 400 Degrees.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs and vanilla, then beat into the creamed mixture until fluffy. In another separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir into the batter until just combine. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Take rounded spoonfuls of the dough and roll into the mixture, flatten between your palms, and place one side back into the mixture. Place onto a prepared cookie sheet, the double dipped side facing up. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until set but not too hard.

Comments