Aritchoke and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

This was another one of the recipes I made for Christmas dinner. My mum is a big fan of artichokes and mushrooms, so obviously when I saw this recipe I had to make it. I found it difficult to stuff the little mushrooms I used, but the really nice thing is that this artichoke + cheese recipe is easy switchable for other things-- such as stuffed chicken, which I plan to make tonight.

Anywho, I found that the meatiness of the mushrooms lended itself quite well to the artichokes. I was skeptical at first of all the things going together, but they did!

And an apology for posting slower-- things have been crazy. Our anniversary was the First, so that took up time, and since Jeff got a Wii I admit that's taken up a lot of attention too. But I'll try to be more regular.

Artichoke and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe from Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals
12 large (2 1/2 to 3 inches wide) white mushrooms
1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Salt and pepper
1 cans sliced or quartered artichoke heart, drained and chopped
1 cloves minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
Pinch dried thyme
Small handful grated Parmesan
Small handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
1/2 a 8 ounce tub shredded Asiago cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the mushrooms in a large ziplock bag and drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil -- Just enough to coat. Shake the mushrooms in the bag and then scatter onto a cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, round-side-up. Season with salt and pepper and flip over. Toss the chopped artichokes with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, nutmeg, thyme, grated cheese, and parsley. Generously fill the mushroom caps, mounding the filling up. Top the artichokes with shredded Asiago cheese and return to oven. Cook mushrooms 5 minutes more to melt cheese and set the filling.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mushroom and cheese definitely goes well. Why not aritchoke? They can be the best trio. I love these stuffed things. A similar version in my website,welcome you to come visit it.