Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls!

Amazing! The Whole Foods down the street from where I live was having sale on pumpkins not so long ago, and thus I somehow managed to buy 23 pounds of pumpkin to roast and then use. That's a lot of pumpkin, an absurd amount. Because of that, I've been investingating various recipes to use all of this pumpkin on (besides my pumpkin bread, coming soon. And pumpkin cookies/pancakes/waffles, all... probably coming soon).

The last episode of the South Park season was this last Wednesday. This marks not only the return of Jeff to me, but also brings forth every reason to have an amazing last party. I wanted to make something super yummy, and I had eyed some Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls that were up on Tastespotting. The idea was amazing... cinnamon rolls, which I'm obsessed with (my love for cinnamon is unparallel), and pumpkin, which I also obsess over.

Thus decided, I moved on to make them. I was very much inspired by the recipe from Fullblown Technicolor, but used also the old cinnamon roll recipe that I had come up with last year. I mixed the two recipes to create what I wanted-- my uber sweet, soft, succulent cinnamon rolls with a huge hit of pumpkin flavour.


I had great success. I love. Love. LOVE these cinnamon rolls. Everyone enjoyed them, and I managed to keep a second one to myself to have this morning for breakfast.

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Inspired from Fullblown Technicolor

Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 package active yeast (a little over)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/8 cup sugar
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup bread flour
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon clove
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg

Filling
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp molasses
1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon

Icing
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 teaspoon syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
confectioners sugar until awesome



Oven at 400 Degrees Farenheit.



In a small saucepan, heat the butter and milk. Heat until warm, then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Add the yeast to the mixture and let sit for ten minutes. Meanwhile, combine the flours, salt, and spices. Check the yeast for foam, then proceed.
Mix in the sugar and vanilla, stirring into the yeast, then the egg and pumpkin. Mix in the flour, when completely combined, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for five minutes, until sort and supple. Allow the dough to rest for at least fifteen minutes, or until it's noticably risen.
Mix the filling ingredients in a small bowl, allowing the softened butter to melt into the other ingredients.
Roll the dough out until it's 1/4" thick, spread the dough with the filling, and roll into a long cylinder.
Cut into 18 pieces. Grease a baking dish large enough to fit all the rolls, or two 9" cake pans. Place the cinnamon rolls evenly throughout the baking dish and set aside. Allow to rise for 45 minutes to an hour or until doubled in size.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Mix together the frosting ingredients, checking while adding sugar for desired texture and sweetness. Once the rolls have cooled somewhat, top with the frosting.

Comments