I want cheesy poofs!!

Yesterday, my roommate and I decided to make brownies. Originally we were going to make them Saturday, but we ran out of time. We got the recipe from the same cookbook that had the beef stir fry recipe. I can't say I was entirely pleased with them. They seemed a little bland at first (so we added the chocolate drizzle on top. That was entirely my roommate).
However, I had another one right after I took the picture and they're more delicious today. The flavours ripened, I think... there's not very many left either, so they were an apparent success.


They're kind of a marble brownie and the dough was way thick. They're really crumbly because of it-- but I think I kind of like it. You know, I'd call it more of a cookie, almost a biscuit (except made by creaming method and not biscuit method, which is sort of similar, but not really). But hey, we don't need catagories, really, as long as things are enjoyed.

Today I made cheese poofs. I got the original idea for the recipe because of Alton Brown. You see, I've got an interview with the South Park guys tomorrow, and they said "bring things that describe who you are, that'll give us an idea of who you are." Of course I'm bringing my art, and my demo reel... but really, what makes me up? It's art and cooking. So I'm also bringing along a page of my cookbook, though it's only in the beginning stages, as well as the cheesy poofs and the recipe for them.



Anyway, the original idea for the recipe was from Alton Brown. His is a loaf though, and I haven't tried it. But I wanted something more like a cheetoh. But more cracker like. Actually, I was going for sort of like a... a cracker biscuit. I thickened the recipe, used less milk, a little butter, oil... and I like it. It tastes like a cheez-it, kind of. It's crunchy, but thick. Next time, I'm gonna add more cheese and salt. But they're a good tasting snack. They need water to go with them-- gone are the days I can devour an entire box of cheezits without a break for water.



I'm quite happy with them. I'm really excited to give it to them -- I was worried about it at first, because I didn't want it to be a bribe... but really, it's a part of who I am. And the best way to show that is by demonstration (and taste testing!)

Though really, who knows if they'll actually eat them.

(They look kind of like chicken tenders though! I feel like they should be more orange!)

Comments