Be Fancy By Yourself Eggs



Hey Blog.
I bet you didn't see this coming. An Update, By Moi?

You've been with me through a lot, blog. Break ups, make ups, lost love, more love, Genuine Insanity, unemployment, success. Let's not talk about those things. Let's talk about waking up Saturday morning (afternoon) and making yourself some eggs.

Not you and someone else. These are for you. Just for you. Treat yourself nice. Make yourself something fancy. For me, my normal breakfast is cereal. Sometimes it's cheese and bread. Often it's egg sandwiches.

This is a nice breakfast. Just make it, eat it, drink a cup of coffee because it's the only thing fueling you anymore. Heaven know's life isn't going to get you running, but this bitter brown concoction will.

I find it funny that my iphone takes better pictures than my camera ever did, and with instagram I have to do two seconds of editing and not all the work I put into photoshop. The photos might downgrade from what they once were, but if I use my iphone, maybe you guys will get more food. Maybe less sarcastic and bitter paragraphs to go with it.

How about this, I'll write with realistic bitterness if it's a savory dish, but unbridled happiness if it's a sweet one? I promise you a sweet one next.

Be Fancy By Yourself Eggs

1 slice of bacon (as long as it's butcher's cut, if you use regular bacon maybe you want more.)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons cream (or milk) - I secretly just splash this and the water in.
2 teaspoons water
four dashes hot sauce
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon snipped chives
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
3 spears asparagus, cooked however you want to cook your asparagus
Extra Sharp Cheddar and Swiss Cheese, I use approximately a half sandwich slice each.
1/2 an Avocado, sliced the usual way
2 slices of bread

Fry the bacon up in a pan until brown and bacony. Soak up the grease with a papertowel and toss it out, because you don't want all that in your digestive system.
In the pan that the bacon had been frying in, toss in the onions and asparagus. Heat and cook in what's left of the bacon grease, which for me is usually not a lot.
Mix together the eggs, cream, water, rosemary, chives, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and hot sauce.
Pour over the vegetables and scramble, I try to do it at a low heat with minimal disruption because I want big fluffy egg pieces.
Remove from heat once cooked thoroughly. Cover with slices of cheddar and swiss, tear the bacon into chunks and layer over the cheese, then top with the avocado slices. Sprinkle leftover chives on top with a little salt and pepper.

I'll assume you know how to make toast.

Serve yourself. Don't forget the coffee.




Comments