Adventures in Eggland: Chocolate Rose Meringues

I made that baked alaska last night and had leftover meringue, so I just mixed in some honey, and rose, and nomnom. I baked them up, then Brian distracted me (by showing me this clip for his improv group, Hot Biscuit, that he's been working on) for a good time, and I let them cook a little long. I think this is time to pull out one of my old internet-dorkiness faces. -.- That will be close enough. My friend Mark used to do one that definitely looked more irritable than that. Don't know how to do that anymore, I feel like those are key strokes only known on AOL. Hah.

All kidding aside, I wasn't irritated.

Pink, rosey, and chocolatey. I don't have much else to say-- they came out a little tender, but I really like the flavour. I should have made these for Valentine's day. Oh, I guess I should mention how I made them pinkish. I had some pink luster dust leftover from a few Valentine's Days ago. And I used that. I just mixed it right in, which made the meringue even shinier and pinker and prettier. I really enjoyed the look of it (maybe more before I baked it).



Once I got these little rose meringues that were supposed to be meant as perfumey breath mints. They were rose flavour too! Which is what kind of gave me the idea, but I liked the idea of the chocolate.
Nomnom.

OK! Enjoy the pictures!!
If I think of anything to say I'll come back and edit it in! :x




Chocolate Rose Meringues

1 egg white
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon rose water
pinch (I know, terrible measurement) cream of tartar
chocolate powder for dusting

Oven at 200 Degrees Fahrenheit

Beat the egg white until foamy and add the sugar, honey, rose water, and cream of tartar. Until fluffy and stiff peaks form. Spoon onto a non-stick baking sheet, dust with chocolate powder and bake for 20-30 minutes.

Comments