Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was tiring, but fun!

I didn't get to take a lot of pictures-- too busy cooking, and by the time the food was done, we were all starving. However, here you can see a few pictures, and I'll also include our menu! It was really delicious (but I'm still sleepy from it).


Our Turkey was brined in the Alton Brown fashion, though I not only stuffed butter under the skin, but also some rosemary and garlic. Alton Brown can also be attributed to our green bean casserole and our cranberry dipping sauce. I had friends from San Fransisco come down, and they made Paula Deen's Pumpkin Butter Gooey thingamajigs (we all went to school in Savannah, Georgia, so it was kind of a fun throw back) as well as some really delicious Macaroni and Cheese. We pretty much ate that all weekend.

Thanksgiving Menu

Turkey
Sweet Potato and Bacon Dressing (this one kind of failed)
Apple Marsala Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Duchess Potatoes (I used white potatoes)
Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Cornbread, recipe via my roommate (it was amazing)
Pumpkin Gooey Cakes

Our friends also brought over some crazy sugar cookies and some chili dip. There was amazing American Idol Karaoke Revolution stuff going on, a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau and a bottle of Gewürztraminer. I liked the red better.

After 3 glasses or so, I was even crooning.

Comments